Thursday, August 22, 2013

Sean Penn-ing It Is Annoying (Even When I Agree with You)

Oh great, yet another actor becoming political:

"Sherlock actor Benedict Cumberbatch made a splash on Sunday when he was photographed holding a sign directed at the paparazzi following him: 'Go photograph Egypt and show the world something important.' "

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2013/aug/21/benedict-cumberbatch-news-london-sherlock

Photographs are almost never how important information is communicated, especially journalists' photographs. Why can't I simultaneously have pictures of cute boys and know what's going on in Egypt? Division of labor, yo. Tell you what, you write more of those little signs, and we'll have a nice photo shoot together. How do you feel about tasteful nudes with your papers, er, strategically placed? That would really get your message out there, I think. Also democracy is little more than a polished turd. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Sherlock Holmes hasn't read his Aristotle when he doesn't even know where space is. Meh.

Oh, who am I kidding. I'd still marry him.

~S.

No comments:

Post a Comment