Friday, April 22, 2011

Friday

If you live in a cave and that cave doesn't have internet, then this post's title may not trigger an involuntary chorus of the "song" "sung" by Rebeca Black in the most hated (and most watched) Youtube video of all time. But if you live in an internet-less cave, you probably aren't reading this post anyway, so I'll assume little to no explanation is necessary here. Suffice it to say that I found the idea of a Good Friday rendition of "Friday" too delectable to pass up.

If I had access to autotune, a video camera, and technological skills of any kind, I might have put together an actual video. Or I may still have chosen the lazy route of just writing down the lyrics and leaving it to my dear readers to provide the music. In any event, please enjoy.

(Good) Friday

Lyrics by S. Misanthrope

Music by an epileptic parakeet (I'm guessing)

Yeah, Ah-Ah-Ah-Ah-Ah-men!
Hallelujah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah
Yeah-ah-men
Yeah-ah-men
Yeah-ah-men
Yeah-ah-men
Yeah, yeah, yeah

At the cock’s crow, waking up in the morning
Gotta be fresh, going down to Hell
Gotta get my bowl, or is it a grail?
Puttin’ on my crown, the time is coming
Guess it’s pre-ordained, Dad says I have to,
Gotta get down to Calvary
Gotta get my cross, I see my friends (My friends)

Peter in the front seat
Judas in the back seat
Gotta make my mind up
Which seat can I take?

Good Friday, Friday
Crucified on Friday
Everybody's looking forward to Easter Sunday
Friday, Friday
Killed by Jews on Friday
Everybody's looking forward to Resurrection

Partying, partying (Yeah)
Partying, partying (Yeah)
Fun, fun, fun, fun
Looking forward to Resurrection

Second cock’s crow, we're heading up the hillock
Hurtin’ so bad, I want time to fly
Fun, fun, think about fun
Guess I’m forsaken
I got this, you got this
My friend is by my right, yeah
But this guy on my left,
He’s a real dick

Peter in the front seat
Judas in the back seat
Gotta make my mind up
Which seat can I take?

Good Friday, Friday
Dying on Good Friday
Everybody's looking forward to Easter Sunday
Friday, Friday
Stabbed and lashed on Friday
I for one am looking forward to the fall of Rome

Partying, partying (Yeah)
Partying, partying (Yeah)
Fun, fun, fun, fun
Looking forward to Resurrection

Yesterday was Maundy Thursday
Today is Good Friday, Friday (Partying)
We-we-we so excited
We so excited
Gonna die for your sins today

Tomorrow is Saturday (when I’m in Hell!)
And Sunday’s when I emerge
I really want this weekend to end

J-C, Jesus Christ
Chilling on the cross y’all (On the cross y’all)
In the sealed tomb (In the sealed tomb)
He’s journeying, traveling (Through hell!)
Abraham, David’s here
All the virtuous heathens (Woo!)
(Plato!) Passing by is Lucifer in front of me
Uh uh, man, you stay right here
Check the time, it's Friday, it's a weekend
Man, we got two more days down here?

Good Friday, Friday
Down to Hell on Friday
Then I’ll come back up on Easter Sunday
Friday, Friday
Saving souls on Friday
This what you wanted, Dad? Are you fucking happy now?

Partying, partying (Yeah)
Partying, partying (Yeah)
Fun, fun, fun, fun
Looking forward to Resurrection
 
Good Friday, Friday
Eat my flesh this Friday
Everybody's looking forward to Easter Sunday
Friday, Friday
Drink my blood on Friday
I sure hope Communion is just a metaphor

Partying, partying (Yeah)
Partying, partying (Yeah)
Fun, fun, fun, fun
Looking forward to Resurrection

Yours in reverence,

S. Misanthrope

2 comments: