Thursday, March 31, 2011

Read This Post, Win a Prize!

I finally discovered the "Stats" feature Blogger has. I learned a few surprising things, including, but not limited to:

1. People actually read the nonsense I post here.

2. The third most popular search term that leads to this site is "human babies are gross."

3. Someone once reached this site by Googling "black person nose."

I also learned that I have a lone visitor from Greece, so I thought I'd give a shout out to my no doubt olive-skinned reader.

Hello! (Or should I say "Γεια σας!") I hope you're having a wonderful day among the olive trees, sacrificing goats and eating grape leaves and such. I've never visited Greece myself, but I have read Homer and seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding, so I think I have a pretty accurate idea of what it's like there. Specifically, I believe that all conversations are supposed to begin and end with the shouting of the word "opa," similar to the use of "aloha" in Hawaii. So a double dose of "opa" to you, my friend.

Oh, and the prize I mentioned: since we all benefit from interacting with different cultures, if my Greek reader would kindly make him or herself known in the comments section of this post, he or she will win a prize*! It's that simple.

While we're at it, let's offer prizes to anyone who becomes a follower of this blog before the end of the month**. Prizes all around, yay! Everybody loves a prize.

Love to you all,

S. Misanthrope

*Prize TBD
**This prize also TBD

5 comments:

  1. Actually, your mystery Greek misanthrope groupie is much more likely to begin every single sentence with "Ela! Pame!..." than "opa".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for pointing that out. I wouldn't want to appear culturally ignorant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're welcome. And my prize? I've definitely earned a prize.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're prize has been upgraded from "TBD" to "TBA."

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's no longer TBD nor TBA. It is both A and D and located here:
    http://strategicmisanthropy.blogspot.com/2011/04/this-is-prize.html

    ReplyDelete