Friday, September 10, 2010

Teen Pregnancy Drama (in 50 Words or Less)


      A cute teenager has missed her period twice. She goes to the store and buys a pregnancy test. It tests positive. She goes to Planned Parenthood and has an abortion and goes on with her life.

The End

---------
Can I please just say, I am so so so so so so so fed up with the unwanted pregnancy plot line? Like, seriously, we’ve had a solution to this problem for a very long time. There is no drama in that situation, there’s just an operating table. Actually I’m not sure there’s even an operating table, maybe there’s just a normal table and a pill. It hardly warrants a side plot let alone a leading role in any story.

I’ve decided to place a lifetime boycott on unwanted pregnancy stories. It’s just too much of a ridiculous, cop-out plot device. However much I might like a show or a film, if unwanted pregnancy shows up and isn’t resolved within 2 minutes by going to the clinic, I will stop watching. Glee just managed to sneak in before the cut off, and now that’s *it*. No more.

In case you were wondering, other unacceptable plot fails include: the “it was all a dream” ending (fuck you, Vanilla Sky), the “we were in hell/heaven/purgatory all along” ending (I point and laugh at the idiots who sat through 5 seasons of Lost for that crap finale), the “you thought this was the future/past but it’s actually the past/future” twist (I’m looking at you, BSG), and the “biased narrator” twist (Keyser Soze can suck it).

So if something with an actual plot comes along, let me know.

Love,


S. Misanthrope

No comments:

Post a Comment